The Perfect Chicken Breast For Bulking
Lift your hands if you’re looking for an easy and quick bulking snack recipe – for muscle growth – that you can prepare in the shortest time possible. Yep, exactly what I was thinking.
Bodybuilding, in the most part, is associated with heavy bulk eating which of course…..isn’t incorrect. Nonetheless, in between those heavy meals, just before or immediately after workouts, light snacks also play a big role in rejuvenation and giving your body the much-needed energy.
To your relief, you don’t need to slog away in the kitchen for hours to get a protein rich bulking snack. Whether you’re just starting out or an old pro, we all know chicken is a super-rich source of protein.
In just 20 minutes or less, you can prepare this perfect chicken breast snack
The Perfect Chicken Breast
Master the quick and easy process and this could become your new “go-to” snack, to boost your bulking gains!
- 2 single chicken breasts (organic preferably)
- 2 tablespoons of the coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of the salt
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper (freshly ground)
- Preheat your oven to roughly 350F.
- Rinse your chicken then dry it.
- Mix the pepper and salt in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle this mixture over your chicken in order to generate an even fine later on each side. NB: You don’t need to spread the entire mixture.
- Use high heat to heat the coconut oil and when a little smoke gradually rising from the pan, remove it from the heat.
- Place the chicken on the hot pan and let it to stick to that original spot.
- Return the pan to the heat but only apply medium-high heat. Let it cook for approximately 2 to 3 minutes after which you can check for browning, then subsequently flip it over. Continue cooking while uncovered for an extra 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place the pan with its contents in an oven for final cooking and set the timer to go for 8 minutes.
- On reaching 160F, remove the contents from the oven but allow the chicken to remain in the pan for a few minutes longer
Time: 20 minutes start to finish
So there’s your perfect chicken breast snack – quick, easy and no fuss. To make the snack even better and for a bigger protein punch, why not add a little broccoli and a handful of nuts. You can throw the nuts in with the chicken as you cook so no extra preparation needed!