Non-Bake Chocolate-Chip Dough Bars
For those of you who have a sweet tooth and crave something “naughty” when you’re trying to eat healthy, you can easily transform non-bake cookie dough into a healthy treat, simply by turning them into snack bars.
Using peanut butter and condensed milk as the foundation, you can transform plain and somewhat boring ingredients into delicious and nutritious snacks that can be enjoyed by all – whether you’re looking to boost your energy through the day or just enjoy a tasty snack – you can’t lose!
- 3/4 Cup of brown sugar (light).
- 1/2 Cup of unsalted butter (softened).
- 1 Cup full of peanut butter.
- It should be creamy.
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour.
- A full can of sweetened condensed milk.
- 3/4 Cup of divided chocolate chips (mini).
- 1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract (pure).
Top Tip: For a bigger protein impact, why not try adding a scoop of your favourite protein powder to the ingredients and stir into to the mixture well until it is no longer visible. You can also replace the chocolate chips with fruit (dried or not) to make this doughy snack even more healthy!
- Mix your cookie dough and then use a small baking dish to evenly lay out the mixture.
- Sieve on the butter chocolate frosting.
- This should not have added sugar.
- Refrigerate for approx. 2-3 hours so that the bars can firm up.
- Once hard enough, remove from the refrigerator and cut into snack size bars.
The result is a fantastic and healthy snack, made up of chocolate and peanut butter which can greatly boost your energy levels.
- Calories: 125.
- Protein: 3 grams.
- Carbs: 15 grams.
- Fat: 7 grams.